ETA and the passenger card

If you are planning to head over to Australia this summer for your vacation and this is your first visit down under, then there are a few things that you may want to know. The first thing that you need to do is to check online and see if you happen to reside in a country that has been tagged by Australia as a visa exempt nation. If so, then you can Electronic travel Authorityapply online for an electronic travel authority that can enable you to legally enter Australia. And of course, you must ensure that you are in prime health and free of any infections.

The passenger card:

The passenger card, is one where the Australian government requires each visitor to fill in as and when they disembark. It does not matter if you have the requisite electronic travel authority but you would still be required to fill in the passenger card before being allowed to enter Australia. You would be required to fill in details such as your name, your flight number, where you got on, and where you plan to stay during the course of your stay in Australia. The electronic travel authority may make it possible for you to travel to Australia within a short scope of time, but you would still have to provide the government with the required details.

Outgoing card:

And yes, you would also be required to fill in an outgoing card as you plan to board your flight out of Australia. You Electronic travel Authoritymay be asked to describe your stay down under, whether you enjoyed your visit and if you plan to return back. All this information should be of use to the government since they can use the same to track all incoming visitors and even find out how many of these visitors plan to return back to Australia.